Monday, December 8, 2008

The Santa Experience


This year was a different experience with Santa...

I took just Summer to see Santa at the mall today before she headed off to afternoon kindergarten. Great time to go, short lines...Anyway, I was so impressed this year because they had all these fun interactive things about Santa and the North Pole set up along the line to keep children busy, so I snapped this shot. It's a good thing we got Santa in the picture because, that was all we were going to get! They had a new rule this year that if you hadn't paid for a picture to be taken with Santa, you could NOT take your own, with your own camera. (Btw, the minimum price for 2 small pics was $13). The grandma 2 people ahead of me, you can see her in the flashy sweater in the pic, had a fit! She told the poor girl, and I quote, "You mean to tell me, that you will not let me take a picture of my grandson sitting on Santa's lap with my camera?!" And the poor girl replied, "That is the mall's rules this year, not mine." To which the grandma replied, "You will open that gate and you will let me take a picture of my grandson with Santa!" The girl gave in and then I think had to go hide and cry bc a new person was running the gate after her. Thank goodness Summer is so easy-going, I told her the situation and she was like, "Ok! Whatever!" I think she just wanted to tell Santa what she wants...A Smores Pony. Bah Humbug Grandma!

6 comments:

Laura said...

That makes you not want to ever use that photography service, is it Kiddie Candids? SO harsh, especially for kids. Summer sure is cute though!!!

Willardson Family said...

Kel, That is crazy!! Was that at South Town?

Carli said...

I hate when they charge you a fortune for those dang pictures. That is why i haven't taken my boys to see him yet. I don't understand why you cannot use your own camera. What are they going to do take your camera away from you while shooting a photo! try it with me and see what happens!

Emily Brimhall said...

somebodies always gotta make a buck off ya. :)

Lanae said...

We always are such suckers for the Santa thing at the mall.
We were really happy with the people there (Santa was almost ready to take his lunch break and they snuck us in .... even though he was really off the clock) they were so nice to let us squeeze in for one last picture!
Hope you're enjoying the holidays!

Weight Family said...

Wow can hardly believe she is 5! Loved your blog! Charlotte