Monday, October 13, 2008

Men in Suits

If I could only have taken a picture when Collin was being confirmed...
I wanted to write this feeling down before I forgot it. When he stood up from the chair after being confirmed a member of the church, he shook all the priesthood holders hands one by one (customary). As he did it, I had this wonderful feeling and confirmation myself of the power of the priesthood. It was so neat seeing a 4 ft. tall son of mine in a suit, just minutes into being a member of the church, standing in the middle of a circle of 6 ft. tall men in suits all with smiles on their faces and shaking his hand. It was like, "Ok son, you've joined the ranks of a very important organization, welcome, we love you." I could almost see him growing up, year by year, as he stood there shaking their hands. I just can't put into words my feelings at that moment, but I wanted to remember it, so this will have to do!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Laura said...

What a special moment. He is such a handsome little man, looks great in his suit, for a great moment in his life!!!

cori said...

Congratulations Colin! You look handsome!

Mindy K said...

He is so adorable--and so big. You really do have a little mini-man. What a sweet mom you are.

Willardson Family said...

You make me tear up just reading your experience! Got to love the Gospel! We are so blessed to be apart of such incredible things!!

Carli said...

Congrats! I see that the whole family has been busy the past few weeks. It is fun to be able to get to this stage!

heather and fam said...

He is so handsome! What a great moment for you and your family. I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

My word what a very proud moment for you, and he does look very handsome indeed.