Monday, December 1, 2008

Decorated Tree



This year's tree was a bit of an adventure...
We've had this artificial tree for about 6 years now, and most of the lights just don't want to work anymore. It is so frustrating every year trying to get all the plugs pushed into their right outlets etc. to make it work. Collin came up with the idea of filling in the gaps with some green lights we have (his favorite color). So, I'm usually a bit of an A-type personality with things and would like the lights to be perfectly intertwined and even (ie. 1 green to 1 white)
but for some reason this year, I just don't have the desire or effort to be perfect. So, the lights are blotchy, but you know what...it gives me a big smile on my face every time I pass it and think of my creative Collin. He thinks it looks great! I think that a creative mind (which I DO NOT possess) doesn't have to have symetry in everything and I love that about him! I took one pic with the overhead lights on, and one with them off. Happy Holidays!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barb said...

Cute Collin. He did a good job! What a good mom you are for letting him decorate the tree. Park City looked like fun. I cant believe you participated in Black Friday! I have yet to do that.

Lanae said...

I love your tree!
Your tree, home, kids.. everything just looks perfect.
Looks like you're all ready for Christmas!