Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tulip Festival

I have reconnected through Facebook with some girls that I grew up playing with and for the past 6 months we have had a monthly girls lunch. It is so fun and makes my day brighter every time. It's as if spending an hour or two reminiscing about childhood takes me away from my "adult" worries and gives me a little boost mentally every month, I love it!
Today we ate at The Trellis Cafe at Thanksgiving Point and then took a stroll through the Tulip Festival on the grounds there. Only 2 of my friends could stick around for the festival, but it turns out to be the two I
played the most with growing up, Holly and Stephanie.
Here are just a few of the shots I took, with my new "fancy schmancy" camera that I now vow to take everywhere with me in order to start blogging more!
I just might have to post a slide show of the rest of my pics.
I do have to say, this was my first year to the festival, and for some reason I pictured it being fields and fields full of tulips like you would see in Holland...Not really. You walk a long windy, hilly trail and see lots of grass with many beds full of flowers along the way. Still, I had a wonderful
time walking and talking with my favorite girlfriends. And, there is something about warm sun, and beautiful flowers that just makes you happy after a long dreary Utah winter.

1 comments:

Mindy K said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. Did your fancy camera take those?

I have got to get me n my girls out to the tulip festival one of these years. It's such a short season; by the time I commit myself to going, it's over.