Friday, April 25, 2008

Shopper Summer


Okay, I think I'm in trouble!  Yesterday I took Summer with me to Ross.  We got her this new spring outfit, and picked up some other stuff.  She has a bad cough, but that didn't slow her, never does.  She is always up for anything.  After an hour of shopping and trying on clothes, we headed past the shoes and I had to take a little peak in my section.  She was mulling around and said, "Oh mom!  Come look at these!  You should get these!"  It was a rack full of the ballet flat type of shoes.  I liked them, but already have some.  I said, "Cute!  But I wear size 7."  "Oh, okay" she says and I hear her singing to herself, "7, 7, where are some 7's!"  She found some and I obliged and put them on, I said, "Good choice, but I already have some black one's at home," she said, "Well, there is gold or silver too, which one's do you like?  I will find your size!"  I told her no thanks and said let's go.  She said, "Wait!  Mom!  Look at theeeeese!"  They were bright, pink heels with an open toe, not really cute.  She insisted I try them on, and they were actually pretty cute on, but I told her, "No honey, I don't have anything bright pink to wear with those."  She responded cheerfully, "Then let's buy something pink to go with the shoes!"  I don't consider myself a big "shopper," like a lot of women, but I think I am going to become one with her as a daughter!  It has brought a smile to my face all day!

6 comments:

Mindy K said...

I agree-you'd better watch out. Of course you can take her with you while she's little, and when she gets older you can share borrow her finds and double your wardrobe :) Very cute.

Willardson Family said...

That is so cute! I love ROSS! Good thing your teaching her where the good finds are at.

Laura said...

What an awesome shopping pal to have!!!! She is going to be dangerous for the budget, but SOOOO much fun!!! How cute!

Emily Brimhall said...

That is soooo stinkin' cute. Can she come shopping with me? I need some estrogen down here.

Zina said...

She is SO cute!

Sometimes I love shopping with Mabel (like the times when she tells me that things I try on look fabulous) but other times, when she hates everything I want to get her, it can be kind of tiring.

heather and fam said...

Ok I think Summer was supposed to be my daughter don't you think? I know how much you love shopping :) Good luck with that! Actually I think it's so cute!