Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick-or-Treat




Even though technically it was "my turn" to take the kids around this year, I talked Steve into taking them (he's been gone late every night this week). So, I am blogging about Halloween as it happens! It keeps raining off and on, good thing I sent a big umbrella, not too cold though.
I think this is the third year in a row that Collin has been Dracula--I try to get him to choose something different, he looks around at stores, and then says, "I just want to be Dracula again." Such a surprise from my creative Collin! I think maybe he is trying to improve on his costume every year or something! I don't quite know what Jackson is, but his mask lights up really scary, and Summer is Super Girl! She wanted to be a black cat until she spotted this costume. The boys designed the biggest jack-o-lantern themselves, it is a "2-headed monster." Then Steve quickly carved the one with all circles to make a face (whatever works right?) and the "Boo" one is a stencil. Happy Halloween!


5 comments:

Laura said...

So cute---the kids and the pumpkins. Till next Halloween----so sad, i really enjoy this holiday.

Carli said...

The kids look great! I also love your carved pumpkins. I decided to do glittered ones again this year. I should know better because the neighbor boy just flicks it off when he comes over to play! Oh well, they are cute for a little while!

cori said...

Cute! I love your pumpkins! I saw my neighbors daughter out trick or treating last night with Supergirl on and it reminded me of cute summer! It was cute she was the pink supergirl and her friend was the red and blue supergirl and her dog was with her all decked out with a superdog costume on cape and all..I wish I had my camera.

Mindy K said...

Those are some great pumpkins--that takes a lot of carving.

I love supergirl--the pink is really cute!!
Last year I tried to get Grace to be WonderWoman. This year she wanted to be Batman until I showed her he was wearing his underwear on the outside.

Kourtney has been some sort of vampire three different times too.

Lanae said...

Cute costumes! We usually carve pumpkins and just didn't get around to it this year. You guys did a great job! We'll have to give it a try again next year.