Tuesday, November 4, 2008

From a picky eater



I am totally copying Steve's cousin with this post...So, "shout out" to Laura for this idea! Ü

I don't even like pumpkin bread, so when Laura suggested this yummy bread mix from Costco, although it looked good, I passed it up a month ago at Costco. Plus, I noticed it had pecans in it, not a big fan of those either...
Well, I went again today to Costco and they were offering warm samples of this bread...Soooooo glad I tried it! It was delicious (like Laura said), the pecans are miniscule, and you can barely taste the pumpkin. Really, to me it tastes like cake! Collin was with me and after we tried it, he walked right up and put a box in our cart! We came right home and made it! It was really fun to make it on a blustery, cold day like today. And, my house smells so good now!
Laura suggested on her blog to use two packets and bake it in a bundt pan to make it beautiful like this. The mix is about $7 or $8 and you get 4 packets.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Willardson Family said...

Look at you Susie Homemaker!! You can now say you almost like a vegtable (since pumpkin is in the mix)!! HA-HA!!

Laura said...

I am with you, I am not a nut fan either, luckily, as you said, you can't taste them. It looks so good, and I think I am out. Guess I need to go to Costco again!!!!

Emily Brimhall said...

I love pumpkin bread/cake. If you love the one at costco, I think you'd like the pillsbury one even better. no nuts and very cakelike. I stock up every fall and use them throughout the year. I put chocolate chips in mine too. glad to see your trying new things, especially with a vegetable word in it.:)

Carli said...

Thanks for the idea. I think i will get some the next time i am there. I have never been a big fan of pumpkin bread either. I think because it was really moist and squishy when i ate it! (YUCK!)

cori said...

I am going to try it! Looks fabulous! I'll SEE you soon!

Barb said...

MMmmm looks so good. Glad Costco sold you & Collin on something veggielike. I'll have to go get some soon and try(:

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

Okay...so I saw this on your blog and I decided to grab a box at Costco...YUM! I'm having this huge battle with trying to "be good" over the Holidays and eat super healthy...and this is definitely a set-back! I guess I'm allowed a guilty pleasure once in awhile...right???

Lanae said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to give it a try!

cori said...

Kelly,
I just got an email from Brocks teacher at school and she wants me to bring pumpkin bread (homemade) to their thanksgiving feast..I remembered your blog and it looks like I am headed to costco.
thanks for the idea!