Monday, October 20, 2008

Park City and Scarecrows

Sorry ahead of time for all the pics, I am wanting to print my blog someday and slideshows don't print!
My friend Suzanne and I took the kids overnight to Park City on Thursday. She and I got some much needed school clothes shopping in for the kids at the outlets, and the kids had a blast staying at the condo we had rented. Friday was to be spent at all the activities by the Alpine Slide, the kids were so excited! Well, we got there, and it was all closed down, there were tractors leveling everything out for the upcoming ski season. We were in big trouble with the kids--what to do now? So we headed to Thanksgiving Point in Lehi and took the kids to the very crowded Scarecrow Festival. Lots of fun, and a beautiful, warm day. My boys waited in line for 2 hours to do the bungee-tramp jumping, with Collin being the most patient and saving Jackson's spot while he frequently jumped out of line and ran around the fairgrounds checking things out. What a good brother. The girls got their faces painted and there were bounce houses and a haunted house. Lots of fun. Just a note, Summer's new thing is to make "funny, ugly" faces in pictures. I don't know what happened, she was such a poser before! Maybe she is getting tired of being in too many pics! Fun times!












































4 comments:

Laura said...

I love Park City, what a nice Mom to take them to Lehi after all that. So, did you get any fabulous deals??? Sounds like a great time!!!

Carli said...

What a bummer that they were not able to play at the Alpine Slide. I hate it when you are expecting something fun and you get there to something like that. At least there were some other things you were able to attend. I think i need to take my kids over to Thanksgiving point for a little fun. Thanks for the idea.

heather and fam said...

I love seeing all those pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time. They really celebrate there at Thanksgiving Point.

Also, I had to laugh about the comment you put on my blog about Summer loving shoes and wanting to buy every pair she sees. BOTH of my girls are like that! McKenna starting at a young age and is still going strong. Maecee is following right behind in her footsteps. We train them young.

hunterfam said...

We had such a great time! I love getting together with guys. It is so wonderful to have great friends like you. When's our next trip? :)
Love,
Suzanne and Girls