Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve Party

Things are always a little bit different with a Towsey family party...
Everyone on my side of the family get together every year for Christmas Eve, this year was at my house. Although we have no eating pictures, we did have a good meal. Chandler and Griffin (Katy's boys) had the idea to have a talent show this year...that was something new. It was a big success! Chandler and Griffin did a SNL skit about nerdy twins wanting a calculator for Christmas. They had it all typed up and Katy and Matson were narrators, along with Mason. The "nerds" stood on stage for the skit. Very, very funny! I had just told Jackson earlier in the day that we were having a talent show. He has been watching/listening to a little bit of Brian Regan's comedy for a couple of days, so he said that he was going to do stand-up comedy. I introduced him and he came out from behind a wall to cheering (just like in a comedy show). He did about 3 or 4 jokes and he was hysterical! He new all the right ways to start up a a joke with a life story and lead into the punchline. He had us in tears we were laughing so hard...mostly just to see him come out of his shell and do such a good job! He even finished with, "Thank you, and good night" and exited the stage. I didn't catch it on video, we tried, but the card was full and it was too late! ARRGH! None of us will ever forget it, I can tell you that! Summer showed off her hip hop moves to a song on the iPod, she really has rhythm! Jackson jumped in towards the end of the song to spice it up a little. Then, my parents "talent" was to teach us all to play kazoos. We went to the theater room and they gave a demonstration. Then they passed out kazoos to everyone and we all had to "try out" for the band one by one. Then, my mom put on "A Claymation Christmas" (DVD circa 1987) and we all had to kazoo along to the 5 or 6 Christmas songs they sing in the video. The little ones LOVED it! Different I know, but that is how things go with my funny mom! And, to cap it all off, the cousin's exchange gifts, as do my sister, my brother and me. It was another successful party, what a great tradition.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: