Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jackson's BizTown

 

Jackson's 5th grade class went to BizTown this year. They studied business for several weeks, then had a full day set aside to put their knowledge to work at a place in DT SLC called BizTown, set up just for school classes to come to. They apply ahead of time for whatever position they want. Jackson applied for the CFO of JT TV, but instead got the job of CFO at J Realty. Then they studied up on their particular position for a week or so before as well. He told me the night before that he wanted to wear his suit, bc they were supposed to dress nicely. My neighbor Lisbeth was a parent helper at Biztown and texted me during it telling me how cute and serious Jackson was. She said he was doing a great job. I asked her to take pictures for me. The picture of him on TV was when he was being interviewed about his realty company. They earned paychecks and were able to buy things with their money while on break. He had a great time! Such a cute idea of the school district's don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

cori said...

Great idea! Sounds fun and exciting! We will get to see Jackson and the Hall gang soon! Yahoo!!

Lanae said...

What a great idea!! I wish they did things like this when I was a kid; kids are exposed to so many neat things these days.
BTW: we are absolutely going to Mesquite this year! Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Laura said...

What a great idea. Such a great opportunity, and your little man looks so handsome and professional.